Total Pageviews

Friday, January 7, 2011

Late night modelings...

Between yesterday and today I've had a bit of an ANTM marathon... Not a major one, just a few episodes here and there. To let everyone know in advance, this post will lean towards the girlie. Anyway, all that modeling blah blah etc got me in a creative mood so I decided to crack out my pliers and beads! The bf (<3) got me some super cool stuff for Christmas - a proper pliers, a bead board for planning stuff out, some catches, and a great box to put everything in!!

Bead box FULL of goodies :-)

So, all this intention to make stuff got me wanting to take photos of the pretty stuff, which lead me to want to share pics, but no one wants me posting loads of pics of crappy homemade jewellery on fb, so that's what I'll use my supa-mega-wicked-cool blog for... Showing people what I'm making and doing! As a result, don't expect to see much of me...

I mostly make stuff (jewellery, cards, cakes etc) for people, either for presents or just because I feel like giving them something! Homemade jewellery served as excellent going away gifts for two friends over Christmas... Sorted! I was always a little bit of a maker, but never a very good one... If I tried hard enough I could be kinda good though, just have to finish this silly engineering degree first. 

Anyway, I resized a few bracelets for people, and then I was looking at my beads, the small bit of nylon I had left over from a dissembled piece, and I decided I just wanted a few small, dainty, simple bracelets. 
I ended up with three - one was part of an old necklace, it was a bit heavy and black before but the small strand of it works quite well. It's a small bit too big on my wrist which I like. The other two are the same idea, just with different beads. 


They're hardly masterpieces, but I figure they'll cheer me up when I'm sitting tap-tapping at my desk at work tomorrow! Want to know what else is cheering me up these days? (not that I need cheering up, sure what have I to be down about?)

The bag that accompanies this coin purse is just as epic as this coin purse...
It's got owls on it for crying out loud!! :-)

I still don't know how to sign off this blog business... It seems a bit rude to stop typing without acknowledging that I've stopped typing, no? 

Good hustle?


1 comment: