Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

True Blonde

I got my hair done at the weekend... I was feeling a little bored of the auld brunette thang, so I've got a bit of blonde in my hair now! And I'm loving the new series of True Blood that started last week... Sookie is mine!!!!

I've not been doing a whole lot of jewellery making of late. I'm not quite sure why. Work just has me a little exhausted, which is quite annoying but that's a whole other discussion, and it has nothing to do with beads! I've been having a real Incubus moment lately too, they've a new album out next week which I'm MEGA EXCITED about... Guess that's what's getting me going these days!

I've started making a necklace, it's a work in progress, I want it to be a striking, heavy multi-strand kinda job, but at the moment there's just two chains done.

I'm thinking of keeping the colour palate in the greens and browns arena...

The trouble with some of the stuff I make is that I tend to make for myself. I use bits and colours that I really adore, and that means I end up wanting to keep the jewellery a lot of the time, and that's not a whole lot of good to me when I want to sell some stuff at a huge profit! I think I just don't have enough supplies... I reckon that if I start to buy my lovely bits in bulk I can make something that I really like, and then duplicate it... I think that's the way to go. I hope. Cos it's the only plan I've got!

So last night I was in the mood for a session with my pliers. I decided to use some shining beads that I purchased a few weekends ago on a trip to Cork. My friend Maura brought me to a terrific shop called Vibes and Scribes, and they had a lovely collection of sparkly bits and pieces, along with gorgeous wools, and more books than my head could handle! 

I started off with a silvery metal tassel that I got in a big bag of broken bits from Kate way back in February for my birthday. I decided that I wanted a rich colour like red to go with it. I also wanted the tassel to be the focus, so I made it the right size to be able to slip on and off my hand without needing a clasp. 

Good, huh??

There. Used some of the first lot of beads I got in Cork. But I couldn't not use the other ones! They'd feel ever so left out. So I rummaged through my bags of bits, found some really cool bronze coloured beads with a sort of Aztec pattern on them, and I incorporated them into another wee bracelet.

I'm not sure which I prefer. 

Here's a small close up, just to try to show off the pretty beads I was using!!

Close-up, modeled on our cats-paw oak table... Cute, huh? 

I feel like I'm at a bit of a loss for words this evening. The rain and work of the day has kinda zapped my energy. I got Cosmo (August issue) yesterday, kind of just because it had a cool aqua-blue nail varnish free with it... That's about the only thing pepping me up right now! I've lots to do as regards housework at the moment, along with trying to come up with new and exciting things for us to have for dinner!

My new nails with my new bracelets. 

I feel like a very boring blogger after this! I haven't written in almost a month and this is possibly one of my skimpiest posts to date! I will say now, I have decided to dedicate this entry to my wee little scarf model Radley who sadly didn't survive the being-silly-and-eating-plastic incident. The house seems really quiet without her. She was one of the good ones...


I'm going to stop blogging now, before this becomes a cat-astrophe! 

1 comment: